Thursday, September 8, 2011

108 Days...Day 7

Each day can be filled with so much.  Amazing how full one day can be with life, emotions, happenings, decisions, realizations.  Imagine how much difference one day can make.  Even one moment.  One moment can change things.  One moment does change things.

I am thinking about this because the 10th anniversary of September 11 is coming up of course.  The day that changed everything.  The day that ruined my birthday.  I'm certainly not saying I have suffered some sort of horrible loss, any different from the rest of the country.  I am simply saying that the entire country goes into mourning right before my birthday every year.  Selfish, maybe a little.  I don't watch all the documentaries to help us "remember".  I don't need to remember.  I know.  I'm proud of my country, proud if who we are, even though I think we need to grow as a country.  But damn, I need to grow as a person too.  It just makes me sad.  September 11 changed all of us.  It changed everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment